Augustana has returned, in a limited way, to in-person worship, following all the relevant safety protocols. Please join us at 9:30 am each Sunday in Augustana’s Nave. We will continue to offer recorded worship, available here on the Augustana website each Sunday morning, available around 8 am.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Confession and Forgiveness
- Kyrie, Have mercy on us Lord Pg. 203 Setting 10, Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW)
- Prayer of the Day
- First Lesson: Exodus 33:1-3a, 7-23
- Psalm 99, ELW Tone: 14
- Second Lesson: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10
- Gospel Acclamation, Krentz Alleluia, Verse: Shine like stars | in the world,* holding fast to the | word of life.
- Gospel: Matthew 22:15-22
- Hymn of the Day, Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise, #834 ELW
- Installation of Interns
- Prayers of the People
- Offering Prayer, Preface and Eucharistic Prayer
- Sanctus: ELW Setting 10 pg. 207 (Land of Rest)
- Great Amen: Dresden Amen
- Lord’s Prayer
- Communion Meditation, Grant Peace, We Pray
- Post Communion Prayer, & Blessing and Dismissal
- Postlude: Happy Birthday to Ruth Patterson
Thank you to this week’s lector, Carolyn Rahaman.
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is email@example.com. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.