Augustana has returned, in a limited way, to in-person worship, following all the relevant safety protocols. Please join us at 9:30 am each Sunday in Augustana’s Nave. We will continue to offer recorded worship, available here on the Augustana website each Sunday morning, available around 8 am.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Confession and Forgiveness
- Hymn of Praise, Glory be to God, Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) pg. 204 setting 10
- Prayer of the Day
- First Lesson: Jeremiah 31:31-34
- Psalm 46
- Second Lesson: Romans 3:19-28
- Gospel Acclamation, Krentz Alleluia, Verse: If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free
- Gospel: John 8:31-36
- Sermon – Nancy
- Hymn of the Day, A Mighty Fortress, ELW #503
- Prayers of the People
- Antiphon by Luther sung before and after Prayers of the People (ELW #784), Grant peace, we pray, in mercy, Lord; peace in our time, oh, send us! For there is none on earth but you, none other to defend us. You only, Lord, can fight for us.
- Offering Prayer
- Sanctus, Land of Rest, ELW Setting 10 pg. 207
- Eucharistic Prayer
- Great Amen, Dresden Amen
- Lord’s Prayer
- Communion Meditation, O Lamb of God, ELW Setting 10 pg. 209
- Post Communion Prayer
- Blessing and Dismissal
- Postlude, Ein Feste Burg, an extended chorale
Thank you to this week’s lector, Smitha Gunthoti, and to singer Caroline Freeman.
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (email@example.com)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.