Augustana has returned, in a limited way, to in-person worship, following all the relevant safety protocols. Please join us at 9:30 am each Sunday in Augustana’s Nave. We will continue to offer recorded worship, available here on the Augustana website each Sunday morning, available around 7 am.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Confession and Forgiveness
- Hymn of Praise, Come Let Us Join, Setting 10 pg 204 in Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW)
- Prayer of the Day
- First Lesson: Exodus 32:1-14
- Psalm 106:1-6, 19-23
- Second Lesson: Phillipians 4:1-9
- Gospel Acclamation, Krentz Alleluia, Verse: This is the Lord for whom | we have waited; let us be glad and rejoice in | God’s salvation.
- Gospel: Matthew 22:1-4
- Hymn of the Day, As We Gather at Your Table, #522 ELW
- Prayers of the People
- Offering Prayer
- Eucharistic Prayer
- Sanctus: ELW Setting 10 pg. 207
- Great Amen: Dresden Amen
- Lord’s Prayer
- Communion Meditation, What Feast of Love, #487 ELW
- Post Communion Prayer
- Blessing and Dismissal
- Postlude: Voluntary on This is the Feast by Paul Hillard
Thank you to this week’s lector, Susan Clapp.
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (email@example.com)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.