Click here for an online version of the lectionary Or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Festival Canticle: This is the Feast
- Prayer of the Day
- First Reading: Numbers 11:24-30
- Psalm 104:24-34
- Second Reading: Acts 2:1-21 (the Pentecost story, in Spanish, French, Korean, Greek, Dutch and English)
- Gospel Acclamation – Alleluia, Verse: Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful, and kindle in us the fire of your love.
- Gospel: John 7:37-39
- Hymn of the Day O Day Full of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) #627, Association of Lutheran Church Musicians’ (ALCM) Orchestra and Choir
- Prayers of the People
- Communion Hymn To God the Holy Spirit, Let Us Pray
- Blessing & Dismissal
- Postlude: Komm, Gott, Schöpfer, heiliger Geist by J.S. Bach
The video for the Hymn of the Day features over 1,300 participants in ALCM virtual choir and orchestra.
Thank you to our multi-lingual readers for this Pentecost: Sandy, Robin, Connor, Mira, and Willemien
Communing at home? Take a picture! We would love to receive pictures of the bread and wine that you’re using at home for your Communion so that we can vary the images we display in our videos. If you feel that you set a nice Communion table, please snap a picture and email it to Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is email@example.com. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.