The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) will, for the next five weeks, celebrate the Season of Creation with full communion partners – the Episcopal Church, the Anglican Church in Canada and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. “Full communion” means that our churches share the sacraments and may exchange clergy with each other.
Augustana has returned, in a limited way, to in-person worship, following all the relevant safety protocols. Please join us at 9:30 am each Sunday in Augustana’s Nave. We will continue to offer recorded worship, available here on the Augustana website each Sunday morning, available around 7 am.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Confession and Forgiveness (in video)
- Opening Hymn, Let the Whole Creation Cry, #876 Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW)
- Prayer of the Day
- First Lesson: Ezekiel 33:7-11 – Jackie Bishop (in video)
- Psalm 8
- Second Lesson: Romans 13:8-14
- Gospel Acclamation, Setting 1 ELW, Verse: In Christ God was reconciling creation to himself, entrusting the message of reconciliation to us.
- Gospel: Matthew 18:15-20
- Hymn of the Day, God the Sculptor of Mountains, ELW #736
- Holy Communion
- Maori Lord’s Prayer
- Communion Meditation, Simple Gifts
- Post Communion Prayer
- Blessing and Dismissal
- Postlude: Voluntary on Ora Labora
Thank you to this week’s lector, Jackie Bishop.
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (email@example.com)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.