We have begun in a limited way to worship in-person at Augustana, with a careful eye to each other’s health and well-being. We are all looking forward to being able to worship together, on Sunday and midweek, in various forms and formats, as we adjust to the changing public health situation. As some of us won’t be able to join in-person, because of health considerations, we will continue to use these worship videos as another form of gathering the community. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Goede.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Confession & Prayer of the Day
- Hymn of Praise, Glory Be to God in Heaven page 204 (Setting 10), Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW)
- First Reading: Isaiah 56:1, 6-8 – Tramayne Butler DeLong
- Psalm 67
- Second Reading: Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32 – Tramayne Butler DeLong
- Gospel Acclamation, Celtic Alleluia, ELW #174, Verse “Jesus preached the good news of the kingdom and cured every sickness among the people.”
- Gospel: Matthew 15:10-28
- Hymn of the Day, She Came to Jesus
- Prayers of the People
- Communion Music: We’ve Come This Far By Faith, ELW #633
- Blessing & Dismissal
- Postlude, Voluntary on McKee by Cherry/McGuire
The postlude, Voluntary on McKee, was composed by Linda Cherry and Padraig McGuire for the Union of Black Episcopalians in honour of the Rt. Rev. Desmond Tutu, Archbishop of Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1986.
Thank you to this week’s lector, Tramayne Butler DeLong.
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (email@example.com)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.