We have begun in a limited way to worship in-person at Augustana, with a careful eye to each other’s health and well-being. We are all looking forward to being able to worship together, on Sunday and midweek, in various forms and formats, as we adjust to the changing public health situation. As some of us won’t be able to join in-person, because of health considerations, we will continue to use these worship videos as another form of gathering the community. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Goede.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Greeting & Thanksgiving for Baptism
- Hymn of Praise, Glory Be to God in Heaven, #204 in Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW)
- Prayer of the Day
- First Reading: Wisdom of Solomon 12:13, 16-19 – Connor Freeman
- Psalm 86:11-17 ELW Tone 6
- Second Reading:Romans 8:12-25 – Connor Freeman
- Gospel Acclamation, Celtic Alleluia, ELW #174, Verse: My word shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it
- Gospel: Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
- Hymn of the Day: My Hope is Built on Nothing Less, ELW #596
- Prayers of the People
- Communion Music: Now We Join the Celebration, ELW #462
- Blessing & Dismissal
- Postlude: Voluntary on the tune “Santa Barbara” (LBW #563)
During this time of isolation and separation, it is especially important that we all receive (and read) our weekly emails from Augustana, to know what is going on, and to connect. If you are not receiving the emails, your email program may be putting them in a ‘promotions’ folder. If you are not receiving or can’t find them, contact the church office (email@example.com)
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.