We are all looking forward to being able to worship together, on Sunday and midweek, in various forms and formats, as we adjust to the changing public health situation. As some of us won’t be able to join in-person, because of health considerations, we will continue to use these worship videos as another form of gathering the community. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Goede.
For today’s worship, please click here for an online version of the lectionary or click the download button for a printable PDF.
- Greeting & Confession and Forgiveness
- Kyrie – Jean Nye
- Hymn of Praise: The Trumpets Sound, Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) #531
- Prayer of the Day
- First Reading: Zechariah 9:9-12 – Smitha Gunthoti
- Psalm 145:8-14 – Jean Nye, ELW Tone 4
- Second Reading:Romans 7:15-25a – Smitha Gunthoti
- Gospel Acclamation: Caribbean Alleluia, Verse: Blessed are you, Lord of heav’n and earth; you have revealed these things to infants.
- Gospel: Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
- Sermon – Matthew
- Hymn of the Day: Praise and Thanks and Adoration, ELW #783
- Prayers of the People
- Communion Music: Here is Bread (Meditation), ELW #483
- Blessing & Dismissal
- Postlude: Variation on “Freu Dich Sehr”
Thank you to Shelley Barnard for putting together the written worship email and materials; to Carolyn Rahaman for editing, compiling and uploading the video; to Jean Nye for singing this week; and to Smitha Gunthoti for serving as this week’s lector.
Thank you to Augustana’s Cantor Padraig McGuire, Campus Pastor Matthew Stuhlmuller, and Pastor Nancy Goede for their weekly planning, recording and creating of these weekly worship videos. During this time, when we’ve been unable to gather in person, these videos have given us a regular, weekly ‘event’ to gather around, in a virtual sense, and to remind us that we are a part of the Augustana community and, most importantly, the Communion of Saints.
Communing at home? Take a picture! We would love to receive pictures of the bread and wine that you’re using at home for your Communion so that we can vary the images we display in our videos. If you feel that you set a nice Communion table, please snap a picture and email it to Carolyn at email@example.com
You can arrange an ongoing, electronic offering through our website by visiting our Donation page. Setting up a free PayPal account allows you to make an offering of any size with a debit or credit card; the email address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course send a check to Augustana, 5500 S. Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL, 60637.
We encourage you to share the Peace of Christ with your neighbors by calling them, e-mailing them, or reaching out through Facebook.